Kids Radio!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Kids Radio!

Post by StupendousMan »

I was thinking we could start a Kids radio of sorts where people submit twilifezone stories, and OT action news stories, and maybe a general problems Q/A show and misc shows done by other people (in a chat room if we could get one) as scheduled events, might be fun :)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

sounds cool to me.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Sounds great!!! Should be fun.
crosskritters
Fourscore and seven

Post by crosskritters »

You mean writen, or accually put together a spoof type thing where everyone records themselves as a perticular char and then one person would put them all together?

--Kat
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

That is a possibility although it'd be a lot harder. If we can get enough people to do that ahead of time of if we have like a list of people who are willing to do it most of the time that'd be great. But if you post at TH you'll know we're trying to do a spoof type thing right now so before we go the live acting route I wanna see how that turns out. The live acting would be a whole lot cooler though.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Neat!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Well for the OT action news it wouldn't be difficult to write fresh episodes...afterall it's a news show so there is at least a structure to it. The other ones I think spoofing would be fun. I would love doing something like this, though if anything comes from this.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

It would be fun to conduct a 'Candid' conversation with like.....Jason or the Mayor! We could disscuss The Bones of Rath with the gang and the Isrealites with the members of that group!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

If we can get people to record, I can produce. I'm still waiting for all the recordings fro our project at the TH.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I can also produce. If it ever happens, just let me know (I've got access to a T1 line so I can easily download high bitrate files if needed).
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Right now I'm actually looking into setting up a real internet radio station that plays odyssey episodes and christain music. Then at certain times on certain days it will actually be live for the chat room or whatnot. Episodes and spoofs made by people will also be played. It's in the testing stages right now, but if anyone has access to a highspeed line I'll probably be doing it via shoutcast so if anyone wants to maybe run an extra shoutcast server so we have more slots for people to listen to that'd be awesome.
crosskritters
Fourscore and seven

Post by crosskritters »

That sounds cool, but wouldn't you have to pay all kinds of fees and write all kinds of copyright letters to Focus and the music artist etc.?

--Kat
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I can serve every other day (not weekends) during the school day. (8-2:45 pacific time).
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

i can see it now "candid conversations with EK"
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Good grief. Radio was bad enough!
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

That sounds really cool!

Let me know if I can help out in any way! I might not be able to help record, but I definately could help with whatever else you might need. :)

Sarah

P.S. And E.K., it'd be more like "Candid Conversations with Sarah" bwa ha ha ha ha.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Hey what about candid conversations with SM? Yeah I'll have to find out about the episodes. Though from what I've heard as long as you legaly own the music and episodes you can put up on internet radio.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Good grief. Radio was bad enough!
well what would your show be "home and garden with EB"
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Just got a radio station successfully working. I can also do live broadcast via teamspeak if you want to have a live chat show, or we can do textchat shows I'll need to talk with Shadow and see if he wants to do anything special.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Talked to Shadow and got the go ahead to get this set up. I probably won't be launching it officially for about a week, but if anyone would like to donate some server space or has a fast connection and would like to run a shoutcast server to provide more slots please pm me. Hopefully we'll get another forum up for it and a chat room for question and answer shows. Once we get things up and running the radio will most likely be on a schedule with Christian music and AiO episodes playing when it's not a live broadcast.