NaNoWriMo

it's that time of year again :)

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I'm only at like. 4,000 something words. :/ To be honest, I've almost completely lost my desire to write my novel.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!!! (Seriously, I'm not even halfway there yet.)
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I believe in you guys. I finally hit 30k today, after a week's interruption by reality. It was mind-numbing.

But no matter how far behind you are, the important thing is that you've written more this month than you did before you started. And that's something to be proud of. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

So last night, I came home from work, helped make dinner, made a cheesecake, and won NaNo! \:D/
Anyone who's gone through NaNoWriMo knows what this means... :snore:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

You're already done? o_o Congrats!

Well, then again, so could I (since I'm at 42k), but I've been lazy these last few days :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I'm still at 23,000. :- But this is more or less normal for me when it comes to NaNo.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Just sit down and type like crazy. Today's the Black Friday challenge, where you do 10k words \:D/

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Congratulations on reaching the finish line, Petrichor! May your dreams be sweet.

I wrote 10k over the past two days, and the momentum has given me the motivation I needed to try another 2d10k. Hopefully by tomorrow night, I'll be validating with the best of them. \:D/

Keep chuggin' away, everyone! Week four is the most fun of all. :D
don't forget the rain.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Woohoo! Victory! \:D/ *victory lap around the interwebz*
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yay, Amy! ^_^

I finished on the 26th, then promptly set my novel to the side to take a break :p
Last edited by Marvin D. on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Yay Marvin and Amy \:D/

Did anyone else finish?
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I got to 50,002 words on November 24th. I *ditched* church and wrote. *I didn't ditch, per say... I just didn't want to go for various reasons* And I actually finished my novel - like, really finished it. Just need to edit come the new year... and I am sure it will be less then 50,000 at that time, lol
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Ahhh, the sweet smell of December 1st.

Inched past the 50k finish line, this year, word padding being the only reason that my official word count is 50,091. DON'T JUDGE ME. But I finished the story, I earned myself some printed copies, and I beasted through November for the 5th year in a row.

Congratulations on all of you who participated in this crazy venture this year. Even if some of you didn't make it all the way, every day you sat down and wrote something is better than a day where your originality and creativity didn't get a chance to be shown to the world. Way to be, writer! \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

To quote Lewis Carrol, "So much too do, so little time."
Let's just Say on November First I was offered the job as Technical directer for my school's Madrigal dinner next friday and basically I threw out any hope of finishing my novel out the window at that second. I have several thousand words written down, bu I haven't had time to type it up or even update my wordcount/log on to my account in the last few weeks. I hope to finish my novel by next November though, I think I know what I'm going to write about next year already ;)
Congrats to everyone that finished! You all have earned a well deserved rest \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Heh. I wrote 50,000 words. But I realised at 30,000 and less than a quarter of the way through my storyline that I wasn't going to finish the novel. So I finished part 1 of the novel, which will have to be part of a series because I haven't even finished planning out the whole story... Material for the next five years methinks!

Anyway, I'm immensely proud for getting this done amidst the multitudes of assignments and other things to be done for college. Next year will be even worse time-wise, but I'm still going to try. Every word I wrote this month was one more word than I would have written otherwise.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I plan to give it a try next year. I would have done it this year if I had thought up a plot in time. But I finally thought of a plot today! \:D/ So I can do it next year.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Or just write a novel in December. December will be even easier because there are 31 days instead of 30!!
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

i never do this but i will watch i guess
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

I did this, and for the first 2 weeks I was: :panic:
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Sorry to bump, But is anyone doing Camp NaNoWriMo next month?

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/