Should Whit ever get remarried?

What would his new wife have to be like?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Will Whit ever get remarried?

Nope. He's fine the way he is!
60%
Depends on what they'd make his wife like.
29%
Sure, he could use a good woman
11%

Total votes: 45

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

LovedbyGod wrote:Why'd Mary annoy you two? We never heard much from her I didn't think...
She did not annoy me. That was not what I said. What I said was that Whit might not want to marry her because of her employers.
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

She annoys me because she does. LOL :D
Priscilla

<><
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

nope

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I think it would take a very special person. IMO, Emma and Mary are the oooooooonly two possibilities for that person (so far--but the writers might come up with some1 new).

He was obviously a little :inlove: attracted :inlove: to Emma Douglas (the woman everyone thought he was marrying in "Curious, Isn't It?"), judging by how he talked 2 her. And she used to work @ Whit's End b4 the audio series (see the book Strange Journey Back)! So he wouldn't have 2 worry as much about getting home 2 his wife if--just maybe--she came back to work there again!

Or about Mary...I can't imagine y she annoys any1! She's very nice. Maybe she and Whit should marry and she could close Mary's Story Shop or have som1 else take over the chain and she would work at Whit's End! Or maybe Andromeda is going down the tubes since the Novacom scandal, and they'll have 2 close down some of their bizs--like Mary's Story Shop. Then she goes to work for Whit for a while--give every1 time 2 warm up to her--and maybe after a few years they could fall in love and get married! :inlove:

Oh, btw about Whit marrying Connie or June...absolutely not! :noway: To me, that would seem like cradle robbery. That would be like me (22 yrs old) falling in love with a baby. :sick:

O:) Whit loves June and Connie the same way he loves Eugene, Katrina, and even his enemies like Dr. Blackgaaard. (I like when he stands in Richard's way to stop him from (Whit thinks) shooting Connie and Doctor B. in "Waylaid in the Windy City.") O:)

I guess I sounded harsh in the paragraph about Connie and June. Please don't take offense.

U can't tell I talk a lot, can u?
Obviously, I never have anything to say. :^o
Last edited by Kris Doyle on Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Kris wrote:Or about Mary...I can't imagine y she annoys any1! She's very nice.
Besides her suspicious activity (insiting Barry help Whit, not telling Whit about her connections to Andromeda), her first scene was a very awkward moment for fans.

And please stop double posting.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Kris wrote:
He was obviously a little :inlove: attracted :inlove: to Emma Douglas (the woman everyone thought he was marrying in "Curious, Isn't It?"), judging by how he talked 2 her.
Oh...my...goodness... :-s

That's the same woman as...as...

No way!

But that woman had like a southern accent, didn't she? That's "THE" Emma Douglas? *runs off huriedly and checks to see what her actual name is*

BC
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Jonathan wrote:And please stop double posting.
I'm sorry. I'll stop.
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Catspaw wrote:I found Mary somewhat annoyong as well. Just because her voice brings back some good memories doesn't mean that they should ever get together. I would never want Mary and Whit to date or get married. :noway:
she annoyed me a little too. she was always begging whit to do something, and she was always whining or worried about something.

No Whit should definitely not remarry. for all the reasons said already. AIO would change dramatically in a way i wouldn't like.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I just want his first wife back! I wish I could get to know her more.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:I just want his first wife back! I wish I could get to know her more.
U know what? That would be pretty cool. Even though she's dead, maybe we should hear more about Whit's past with her! I guess that would probably be better than having him remarry... *sighs* U guys r probably right that his character and the show would change 4 the worse in some ways if he'd remarry. But yes, Jennifer Doyle, I think it would be sooooooooo cool :D to hear more about Whit's life with Jenny.
map
Found

Post by map »

I don't think he should remarry. I think it would be nice if they developed an interest for him tho. More of a friend than anything else. Kind of like a female Tom. Some one he met that has similiar interest, and wants to help kids. Maybe he could hire an older women to work the counter(since Connie never ages)
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I think that Whit could get married again. He isn't getting any younger and he may need a good woman to take care of him. I can see someone coming along like Margaret Faye with a touch of Jenny Whittaker. I think that considering Whit took some interest in Margaret in "For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll" is a hint that he could find romance again but I don't think he liked her because I got the impression that she wasn't a Christian and that definitely won't do for a person like Whit who believes so strongly in the Bible. That is where the touch of Jenny Whitaker comes in if you just mix Jenny and Margaret together I think that would be the perfect combination of a woman for Mr. Whittaker. Now I'm not saying that Mr. Whittaker should marry a snowman I'm just saying I think that he should get married again because he will need someone to take care of him in the future when he gets older.