Draw My Own Adventure: Interest Check Thread

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Draw My Own Adventure: Interest Check Thread

Post by Sonuna »

As this is an idea relying heavily on audience participation &c., I thought it best to do a minithread to see if it was worth planning, so!

The idea is: an adventure game/choose your own adventure story, except now with 200% more comicness.
I shall draw a comic page or something of the sort to begin, and then the ToO will guide the player-character through suggesting actions. I don't think restricting them to a multiple-choice will come up very often, but preferably they wouldn't be too terribly complex (something which will probably require work on my end, too.) Presumably which action to take could be done in multiple ways:
1) voting; rather complex logistically, mostly because often people will agree with every bit of an action but some detail and feel the need to change it.
2. first one after narrator post; a bit unfair-sounding, if you ask me, but has the advantage of being easy to pick out.
iii. whichever one the narrator likes best; obviously I quite enjoy this idea, but the overall fun would probably take a hit in exchange for personal lulz.
四[4]) other ___________

If you think this would merit actual work, please vote as to what decision-making tool you would prefer, complete with explanation for number 四[4]?
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Utter brilliance.

The most fair sounding one is the voting option, or perhaps just changing the method every so often?
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Thanks. I was sort of wondering if it would make sense to anything but my constantly sleep-deprived brain.

Hmm. I could either rotate, then, or go with

1b) Voting in two stages: one, lasting $time (probably a day or so?), to decide what options would be used in the actual vote and then two, lasting $time (day or two, most likely), to decide which option would actually be used...?
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

This sounds like fun! :D

I like your last idea there best.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I'm game. Sounds fun.
I do what I do.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

You probably know my opinion on this already, but for the sake of redundancy: go go go sonunacomic.

The voting idea--to me--sounds best.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

This sounds very cool... and yeah, the voting thing, too. :yes:
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

The same (voting) for me.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Nice idea, Sonuna! I'd vote. \:D/ And I don't think multiple choice is too restricting.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Taq wrote:And I don't think multiple choice is too restricting.
The problem is I don't have sufficient predictive/creative ability to come up with enough multiple-choice options which people would want to use...

I do hope to be 'done' enough to get the thread started by the end of... I don't know, maybe next Sunday.
Most of the point of this (on my end) is, however, as an exercise to improve my art style on a continuous sort of basis. Don't really expect amazing masterpiece artwork, especially since I hope to have a new 'page' about once a week...
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Sounds pretty cool! ;) I like the third option the best.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Sounds cool! I'm in.