What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

"Skin" By Ted Dekker. Strange, but good. Almost done
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

LizzieG wrote:I'm tackling another one of my half-finished books: Watership Down.
I read that book for school a few years ago, and I loved it!
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

LizzieG wrote:Now that I've finally finished Les Mis ( :D ), I'm tackling another one of my half-finished books: Watership Down. I'm also reading The U.S. of EH?: How Canada Secretly Controls the United States and Why That's OK. \:D/
Sounds intriguing!

I'm reading "Cascades" by Mary Davis. It's one of those books with three connected stories in it. I really liked a different book by this author, though that one wasn't historical, like this one is. I'm almost done the second story, and it's been quite interesting so far. Not amazing, but decent.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I just read The Seasons by Sarah MacLean. (thanks Amy. =P ) It was epicly cool. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I'm reading through Leviticus.

:|

(really, it's not half bad. Sherlock, if you read this thread I always think of you whenever I read about the mold.)
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I've finally started reading The Fellowship of the Ring again.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I have just started Inkheart, upon a recommendation from a friend.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

A ton.. as always.

A Tale of Two Cities, War of the Worlds, Kiss, Comes A Horseman...

I read multiple books at the same time >_>.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen, it was excellent!!! \:D/ I am now starting Ransome's Honor by Kaye Dacus.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

An awesome book right now I'm very indulged in is Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and some other dude... lol. But its a really good book! Slow the first 3 chapters, but picks up. (then again, I need to finish it by Tuesday... *gulp* Why am I not reading, you ask? I'm all read out to be honest...) I should really buy it... (I'm borrowing it from my Bible teacher. World Religions assignment. :P )

A Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis... meh. one chapter in and wondering why I must read it... but, I have to. World Religions, again.

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain... AP Lit. & Comp... 74 pages in, and the lingo is giving me a headache. But It is a small book, and just seems interesting. Jumps around a lot... you know, by-and-by... lol

I'm going to read The Color of Water for World Religions when I finish Three Cups of Tea. I'm excited. Hopefully I learn a lot about a religion cause I've only found two main things to talk about so far in Three Cups of Tea... Which will have to occupy 3 pages worth. :P I can BS, did you know?
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Termite wrote:I just read The Seasons by Sarah MacLean. (thanks Amy. =P ) It was epicly cool. \:D/
You're welcome. :D
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Any other suggestions?
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Officer David Harley
Classic

Post by Officer David Harley »

I am reading The Fellowship of the Ring
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:I just finished a book called: The Giver

Someone needs to read it so we can talk about it. It's a creepy/social kind of book. Makes you think about how society is now.

I also just finished "Breathing Underwater" which is about a guy that is physically abused by his father and then starts abusing his girl friend (being controlling at first and then hitting her) and gets ordered to take a anger/abusive managment class or something and he finally sees what he's been doing. Anyway, it was an ok book. Bad language though.

Anything by Frank Peretti rocks too. ANyone reading MOnster?
I read it for school because my class was doing a novel study and oh my :noway: That was the weirdest book i have ever read! No color weird. We had to make up alternate endings and stuff. Freakiest novel study ever. It didn't help that my teacher was really into it and had lots of meaningless in depth discussions. :cry:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I am now reading Danny Orlis and the Rocks that Talk by Bernard Palmer.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Textbooks. On literary criticism. ..hurrah. ._<

..if those don't count, then I'll also tack on Wuthering Heights.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

My little brother (duh) wants me to let the whole ToO know that he's reading the Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

that's cool. We own that book, but I've only seen the movie.

Till the end of the line.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm now on the third Mandie book, Mandie and the Ghost Bandits. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
cukesandwalker
Not as new

Post by cukesandwalker »

Sonuna wrote:Well, not right now. More like "what books have you been reading recently".

E=mc^2: A Biography of the World's Most Famous Equation, by David Bodanis--great book if you're into physics, and certainly a fairly unique approach.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms (or San Guo Yan Yi, or 三国演意...) by Luo Guanzhong (which I am not spelling in character input method)--around 13th-century Chinese historical fiction. XD It's still a good book, though.

Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien--need I say more?

The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien/Christopher Tolkien--I actually am reading this over again bit by bit as a sleep aid. <_<
i'm reading (or trying to read lord of the ring, I hit a lull in the story line) and I'm re-reading the last battel
Star wars = awsome