Makeup (and its dramatic effect on girls who wear it)

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Makeup (and its dramatic effect on girls who wear it)

Post by xiao »

How do you all feel about makeup and wearing it?

It can be pretty deceiving (as you can see above lolz) but it usually is a dramatic improvement, I don't really get why some girls don't ever wear makeup (especially the ones who look poop when they don't and they still don't) especially when they go out to formal events and stuff.

Not classy. :noway:

How do y'all feel about it?
Last edited by xiao on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

xiao wrote:I don't really get why some girls don't ever wear makeup
because it requires effort.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Sonuna wrote:
xiao wrote:I don't really get why some girls don't ever wear makeup
because it requires effort.
:-k

I'm pretty sure that comes with being a girl.

\:D/ I'm a guy.
Last edited by xiao on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

but I'm a girl on the internets, doesn't that make a difference
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Sonuna wrote:but I'm a girl on the internets, doesn't that make a difference
sonuna you are a entirely different species of awesome so therefore you alone are exempt because any action you do is justified by the irreversible "well.. it's sonuna" law
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

xiao wrote:
Sonuna wrote:but I'm a girl on the internets, doesn't that make a difference
sonuna you are a entirely different species of awesome so therefore you alone are exempt because any action you do is justified by the irreversible "well.. it's sonuna" law
I think we should call an emergency session of parliament to strike that law from the books it seems ill-advised

maybe we should get more people to discuss the actual topic
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Just because you wear makeup doesnt mean Sonuna has too Jeremy.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Tyler wrote:Just because you wear makeup doesnt mean Sonuna has too Jeremy.
shut it up dude, why you always saying i look like a girl. :(
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Makeup has bad chemicals in it that can get into your skin and KILL YOU!
And the stuff without the chemicals is too expensive.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Anna><> wrote:Makeup has bad chemicals in it that can get into your skin and KILL YOU!
Just buy organic...
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Anna><> wrote:Makeup has bad chemicals in it that can get into your skin and KILL YOU!
:-s Makeup as a whole is expensive. So, if you're looking for the cheap way out, then I guess you just don't wear it at all.

However, thankfully, there is some reasonably priced mineral makeup (reasonably priced compared to the normal brand makeup) which looks just as good (if not better) as the stuff with the chemicals in it ;).
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

minerals ARE chemicals. As long as you stay with the safe ones you'll be fine.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Xiao, could I pay you to talk to my sister-in-law about the awesome powers of wearing make-up? She could use a boost. \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Admiral wrote:Xiao, could I pay you to talk to my sister-in-law about the awesome powers of wearing make-up? She could use a boost. \:D/
Surely! \:D/

GIRLS SHOULD WEAR MAKEUP! :x
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I don't wear makeup because I don't have the time or patience for it.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I wear makeup - well, not today, because I went swimming, and no one wants to see runny mascara. But yeah, I don't care if it takes effort. Anything worth doing takes effort. Wearing makeup is a confidence booster. And any haters who say that people who wear makeup are fake can remember this: the proper use of makeup enhances natural beauty, instead of masking it. Less is more.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Jugglah wrote:Anything worth doing takes effort.
Oh. *quits sleeping, eating, going to the bathroom*
Jugglah wrote:Wearing makeup is a confidence booster.
Only if your confidence lies only in your physical appearance, which it obviously shouldn't.

I'm not against the use of makeup and in general it... enhances beauty, but I'm also most definitely not against girls who chose not to use it. I'm to lazy for contacts, so I hear you.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Jugglah wrote:I wear makeup - well, not today, because I went swimming, and no one wants to see runny mascara. But yeah, I don't care if it takes effort. Anything worth doing takes effort. Wearing makeup is a confidence booster. And any haters who say that people who wear makeup are fake can remember this: the proper use of makeup enhances natural beauty, instead of masking it. Less is more.
I wear waterproof mascara... so do some of my swimming friends too.
I didn't wear makeup today because I didn't have a shower until 3PM because I was going out in public to go swimming, and even though my mom told me I shouldn't, but since my confidence lies in my physical appearance I had a shower before I went so people wouldn't see my greasy hair that I hadn't washed for like a day and a half.

A good alternative to makeup is using raspberry juice for blush and dirt for brown eyeshadow.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

*slaps mud all over her face and chases xiao around the room*
xiao

Post by xiao »

Laurie wrote:I don't wear makeup because I don't have the time or patience for it.
I hope you know... guys don't find this attractive at all. Guys like girls who actually, you know, care about their appearance.

Like, you know, girls. :-s