NaNoWriMo

Who's on board for this year?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

NaNoWriMo

Post by Amethystic »

Well October is quickly passing by, and we all know what that means: time to prep for National Novel Writing Month! \:D/ Who's participating in NaNoWriMo this year, and what ideas have you got lined up so far? (And for those who have no idea what I'm talking about: http://www.nanowrimo.org/ )
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Yay I cannot wait! \:D/

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I'm wanting Invisible Ninja to write that awesome story idea he suggested in RHQ. :yes: \:D/

\:D/
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I'm so excited! \:D/
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I really wanted to do it this year :(

I have too much going on at this time, so I will be unable to contribute.

But I hope that everyone who does it will have a blast! \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I think I'm gonna try it out this year. We'll see what happens. (I can tell you now it's not going to be pretty.)
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I want to do it this year, my friend is going to do it. I have an idea that I've been sitting on for a while, so I want to use it for this.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I dislike writing enough when I have to do it in school. Why would I do it when I don’t have to?
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Because it's thirty days and nights of literary abandon! \:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Yay Grace and Ric! :D

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

bookworm wrote:I dislike writing enough when I have to do it in school. Why would I do it when I don’t have to?
Exactly. I just am not real creative with original storylines. I've read so much I'd be way too critical on my own writing and I'd never get anywhere. All of you will have to let us read your final pieces! \:D/

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

bookworm wrote:I dislike writing enough when I have to do it in school. Why would I do it when I don’t have to?
Because writing is one of the greatest things on the planet! :inlove: And who wouldn't want to do it for 30 straight days? \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:
Because writing is one of the greatest things on the planet! :inlove: And who wouldn't want to do it for 30 straight days? \:D/
Us. :noway: Just like I might like anchovies, but you'd be repulsed by the idea of eating them for 30 days straight.

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Lee wrote:
IDANCE4JESUS wrote:
Us. :noway: Just like I might like anchovies, but you'd be repulsed by the idea of eating them for 30 days straight.
Haha, that's a good example Lee. I enjoy writing, (sometimes) but I like to do it on my own timeline. Sometimes I'll be on this writing kick and write a bunch of stuff in a short period of time and then I won't write for a month. I once wrote three chapters of a book in one day, that was last year and I still haven't finished it. :-
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I actually do have an idea for a book. But I doubt I will ever have the ambition to write it.
Definitely not in the near future at least.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I am thinking of doing it. I am always very careful when I write, so I think I might do it just to see what it would like to do a super sloppy fast thing. I have notes and ideas for lots of books, so I am thinking of combining them and making some sort of complex epic-like thing. I am also wondering what happens if I do not make it?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Moontide wrote:I am also wondering what happens if I do not make it?
I think they hunt you down and punish you.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

The beauty of NaNo is that it boosts quantity, not quality, so you get your story down and get it down quick instead of giving you time to nitpick over how good or bad your story is. Just get it written and get it written fast, and worry about what you'll do with the manuscript later. Even if your works never see the light of day (none of mine have, and at least one probably never will) it's still a great event and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes writing--especially people who are interested in novel writing. It stretches you and pushes you to the limit, no matter what your writing habits or preferences. As well, the motivational emails are excellent--many of them are written by well-known authors.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Amethystic wrote:The beauty of NaNo is that it boosts quantity, not quality, so you get your story down and get it down quick instead of giving you time to nitpick over how good or bad your story is. Just get it written and get it written fast, and worry about what you'll do with the manuscript later. Even if your works never see the light of day (none of mine have, and at least one probably never will) it's still a great event and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes writing--especially people who are interested in novel writing. It stretches you and pushes you to the limit, no matter what your writing habits or preferences. As well, the motivational emails are excellent--many of them are written by well-known authors.
This is one of the reasons I want to do it, it's not how good you write that matters most, but how much you can in thirty days.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Actually, I'm thinking about doing this. I went to the website and it looked pretty cool, and I think it would be good for me. Could somebody explain how it works? (I went to the website but I couldn't find much information, maybe I looked in the wrong place?)