Mitch and Arem

A parable?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Mitch and Arem

Post by Kris Doyle »

Has anyone noticed the parallels between the Mitch/Arem storyline and the story of the Gospel?

Jesus is God who became a man to save us and stop the devil, but most people thought of Him as a bad guy and tried their best (with no permanent success) to stop Him because they didn't understand who He is. Arem was Mitch who went undercover to save people from Novacom and stop Andromeda's evil scheme, but everyone was against him and did their best to block him because they didn't understand who he was.

Jesus laid down His life for us, but came back from the dead and conquered satan, death, and heck! Everyone thought Mitch had been killed in the battle to protect the world from Andromeda, but behind the scenes he was still working against the powers of evil--then one day, the news came that he was still alive. After that, he went on to testify against Andromeda and was a key witness in destroying their evil scheme.

What do you think? Am I just looking for parallels where there are none, or do you think the AIO writers were trying to make a parable? I would love to know what other people think.

God bless.
Kris
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I don't think that the writers were trying to do that; the whole "Mitch is dead" thing was working the dramatics.

Interesting that you would see that there though.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

yeah i don't think the parallel was intentional, but it is an interesting thought.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, I had never thought of that! :-k That's an interesting parallel! While I doubt that the writers meant to do that, it is a nice connection! :D
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

i never thought about that kris interesting thought :-k
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Wow. I never saw the parallels. Btw, funny story. My brother, a 2nd grader in Gifted & Talented Education is learning about parallels :P.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

A very interesting thought!
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

If you were to analyze the "parallel" carefully, you would probably find a lot of differences in the two stories. I'm pretty sure that it was never meant to be a parallel and any parallel one may see is probably coincidental.

Dave
wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

That was awesome...and I could never think of that
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Wow...
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I guess it wasn't intended, because just the other day I read Shadowpaw's article about it at the AIOSF. He said that the writers didn't actually know they would bring Mitch back. He "died," and then they voted on his return later.

That said, I still like the parallels. I think it's neat to see what we can find in good, wholesome stories--even if it's not what the authors intended.
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Kris Doyle wrote:I guess it wasn't intended, because just the other day I read Shadowpaw's article about it at the AIOSF. He said that the writers didn't actually know they would bring Mitch back. He "died," and then they voted on his return later.
I'd be interested in seeing who voted for which option.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Kris Doyle wrote:I guess it wasn't intended, because just the other day I read Shadowpaw's article about it at the AIOSF. He said that the writers didn't actually know they would bring Mitch back. He "died," and then they voted on his return later.
Oh did I say that? I might have worded it incorrectly (or maybe I was just confused)... I believe the writers did vote on bringing Mitch back, but I believe the vote occured while Plan B was being written. I think they wrote the "death" episode with the full knowledge Mitch would return at some point in time...

At least I think so. Maybe Nathan can help me out here.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Sorry, Shadowpaw. Maybe I just misunderstood your article. #-o
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

That's an interesting observation there Kris. I never noticed the parallel.