Stocks & Profits!

How much money have you made off the stock exchange?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

gimp... you made the common mistake of buying at the top, when it had peaked :p now you are going to ride it out and hope it goes back up. I invested in it right now, at 70. I think it will go up now, but the next move will indicate whether it will go up or down.
awalkinguitar
OK

Post by awalkinguitar »

yeah, common mistake #-o I did that too once! arg ](*,)
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

it went down to 68 :x :boohoo:
awalkinguitar
OK

Post by awalkinguitar »

#-o now it's down even more
Last edited by awalkinguitar on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

and invested in it this morning, when it was at 68... and it went down to 66 after I bought :insane: I think there is a conspiracy! :mad: :bang:
map
Found

Post by map »

most of the stocks are definately in a downward trend! They go up for one or two trades and then back down again. It definately makes it tough to buy and hold! You need to watch them because they don't stay up for long!
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

that's for sure! :mope: I wonder what Shadowpaw would do if all the stocks went to 0 and below... maybe he should nip this in the bud. :x ;) :p
awalkinguitar
OK

Post by awalkinguitar »

dude, it's going down alot. (hint: buy stocks now!)
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

as you can see, I invested in UPF, and it paid off. I believe that it's going to resume going down, though. Most of the other stocks with the exception of Blackgaard kept going down. Last night only UPF and Blackgaard and maybe one or two others went up. Like map said, you do not want to hold them for long, because we're in a bear market. :sick:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

For the time being I have completely given up on the stock market; everything's going down, I'll buy a bunch when they all start creeping back up and make a ton of money like I did the last time this happened.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Jonathan wrote:For the time being I have completely given up on the stock market; everything's going down, I'll buy a bunch when they all start creeping back up and make a ton of money like I did the last time this happened.
about how long ago did this happen last time? :-k
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

WINDSHEAR wrote:
Jonathan wrote:For the time being I have completely given up on the stock market; everything's going down, I'll buy a bunch when they all start creeping back up and make a ton of money like I did the last time this happened.
about how long ago did this happen last time? :-k
Sometime last fall; by the time December rolled around I sold all of them.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

well, certain stocks have hit the bottom... and are starting to go back up. Certain others, are halfway down on their downward plunge, and a few are just starting. \:D/

this thing has gotten so far down, that I have no choice but to bump it.

I wonder what the market is doing now? It seems to just be wallowing around at these very low levels... :-k :-s

Because you don't seem to have very important news to share, I'd suggest you wait to bump it until you do. ;) - Barely Is
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

*rejoices that she got rid of her stocks long ago*
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

well, there was stuff I had wanted to talk about, obsolete now, but I was just hoping for more discussion. Maybe it's just dead. :(
map
Found

Post by map »

I've also decided to stay out for awhile. I don't have the time to sit and watch them all day long and I certainly can't find any rhyme or reason to what is going on. I'm tired of losing money, so I'll hang on to my money for awhile. I was hoping to make money for my HSE off the market, but I think it will take me longer than I had hoped!
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

for the past month or so, we have all lost some money on the market, but right now there are some deals... you can get stock very cheaply, and can make a good sum of money. Just last night I made about $200. However, those stocks still dip back down, so you just got to get in at the right time. :)
map
Found

Post by map »

is there a set time yet that the stocks are updated? Does anyone know?
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

map wrote:is there a set time yet that the stocks are updated? Does anyone know?

About every four hours or so.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

:shock:

Factsbuffet is at $16 and Wainwright at $19!
...I hate marquees.