Stocks & Profits!

How much money have you made off the stock exchange?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

J-man wrote::shock:

Factsbuffet is at $16 and Wainwright at $19!
Check again. :(
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

both have been going down non stop for over a week now :mope:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Yep, I definately don't trust the market. And I'm really really glad I got rid of my Wainright stocks a while ago.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I bought Banzai and it immediately went down. :( Strange how that works. And strange how I always have just enough to buy 18 stocks.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I got out of the market when it was around $80. Now I'm glad I did.
...I hate marquees.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Jonathan wrote:Yep, I definately don't trust the market. And I'm really really glad I got rid of my Wainright stocks a while ago.
it has been going down for so long... I'm starting to wonder if it's gonna go back up... :anxious:

I've lost too much money :cry:
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

WINDSHEAR wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Yep, I definately don't trust the market. And I'm really really glad I got rid of my Wainright stocks a while ago.
it has been going down for so long... I'm starting to wonder if it's gonna go back up... :anxious:

I've lost too much money :cry:
I've lost a lot of money now too...........I may need therapy for this Now I'm at the point of holding out and hoping it starts to go up since wainwright has already reached new lows.........definately don't want to sell now and then see it go up as soon as I do so.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

you are what's holding it down... sell it, and then buy again in the evening, I think that will give it a change of direction. :)
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

WINDSHEAR wrote:you are what's holding it down... sell it, and then buy again in the evening, I think that will give it a change of direction. :)
And loose better than 8,000$..........I don't think so, I'll take my chances with it.

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
map
Found

Post by map »

Ya, It hasn't been much fun investing in the market these days. I buy after it's gone down a couple of times and they rarely come back up. I'm to the point of not even looking much anymore.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

gimp80995 wrote:
WINDSHEAR wrote:you are what's holding it down... sell it, and then buy again in the evening, I think that will give it a change of direction. :)
And loose better than 8,000$..........I don't think so, I'll take my chances with it.

Peace Out

-Gimp
well, if you had sold last night... and rebought this morning, just to give it a change, and it had gone down a couple more, you would have stopped yourself from losing a few more dollars. If it had gone up, (which it has) you would have missed out on regaining only 80x2... because there was a 2 dollar increase last night. When I'm losing, even if it's a thousand dollars, I sell out until I see it start moving back up. I do that because I could lose 2000 if I stay in. Then I get in on the deal and hang on. This is how the real life stock market works. You sell as soon as you possibly can to minimize loss, and then reinvest. This is because the less money value you have in a stock (caused by the falling value of the stock), the more percentage increase there has to be to regain it. Therefore it is much harder to regain losses.

The above makes sense because about a month ago (I'm not sure when), you invested in 80 of Wainright... it has since gone down about 85%. You had $8000 invested. It is now worth $1280. If you had sold out when it had gone down a thousand dollars ($85 a share), you would not have lost $6000.

Edited to add: The point being that, if you had followed my advice, you would not have regained $160. :( But if it had not finally gone up for the first time in a month last night, my suggestion would probably have saved you $160, and we could have found out if you were the reason for the stock crashing. \:D/ :p
map
Found

Post by map »

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to the market doing what it is. And I really don't think that any one person is to blame for it going down. I'm not entirely sure how the ToO market works, but I've tracked it for awhile and I can't make any sense out of it other than it's purely random.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

map wrote:I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to the market doing what it is. And I really don't think that any one person is to blame for it going down. I'm not entirely sure how the ToO market works, but I've tracked it for awhile and I can't make any sense out of it other than it's purely random.
nobody's to blame. I wans't blaming her lol... it could have been the simple fact that somebody had money invested in that stock that it kept it's course. Just a theory... I've had the weird experience that a stock will keep going down until I sell it, I sell it, it changes direction, and then I buy... sometimes it works \:D/
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Wainwright looks like it's comming back up

*waits*

Peace Out

-Gimp

Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Murphy's Law on Stocks: As soon as you buy 20, the whole thing will plummet.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I smile and yet, that is not funny. :(

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

I just keep buying Factsbuffet as it goes down; I have all my money in it now (which isn't much). \:D/
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:I smile and yet, that is not funny. :(

-Cowboy
I thought it was funny^_^
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Are you laughing at my misfortune, Jonathan?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Factbuffet died. :(
...I hate marquees.