Cold cereal

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

American Eagle wrote:Haha, I just ate 3-4 bowls of Honey Smacks. They were good and sugary! \:D/
I think they used to be called Sugar Smacks. I think the company changed its name to appear not so bent on sugary (although they probably still have the same amount of sugar...). ;)
Chandler wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:You remind me of a person I know-- he eats cereal all the time. I get tired of it just after one meal...
No way... do I know you??? :shock:
You might if you wake up at 07:00 ET every morning to go jogging for five miles down State Road 583! So that's who that creeper is chasing me for miles 2 and 3 every other Tuesday! ;)
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

KODY 105 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:You remind me of a person I know-- he eats cereal all the time. I get tired of it just after one meal...
No way... do I know you??? :shock:
You might if you wake up at 07:00 ET every morning to go jogging for five miles down State Road 583! So that's who that creeper is chasing me for miles 2 and 3 every other Tuesday! ;)
No comment. :noway:
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

1. Do you regularly eat cold cereals for breakfast? No, I rarely eat breakfast. :p
2. If so, which one is your favorite? Least favorite? Favourite? Like... with milk on it? xD Probably Cocoa Pebbles. Least... Grape Nuts or Puffed Wheat.
3. Do you use anything other than milk to pour on your cereal? (*shudder*) Yes! I've had my cereal with apple juice, orange juice, Mountain Dew, chocolate milk, coffee, and fake milk. I wanna try it with Orange Soda on it. \:D/
4. Do you eat cold cereal regularly for any meal other than breakfast? When the right ingredients are available. At Liberty over the course of 7 meals, I had cereal for 5 of them, I think. :p
5. What is one humorous anecdote you wish to tell regarding an experience with a cold cereal? The hilarious reactions people give me when I start pouring orange juice on my cheerios or Fruit Loops. Oh, and people reacted quite hilariously when I put OJ on my fruity pebbles this past summer. XD
6. Do you eat only cereal with milk/something-other-liquid (*cough*Jayaar*cough*), or do you drink a glass of orange juice or something else? *cough*I*cough* eat more than just milk on my cereal. Best combination is orange juice, Mountain Dew, and cheerios. Can't knock it 'til you've tried it! :noway:
6. Have you eaten breakfast yet? (This being 08:40 EDT.) I didn't eat breakfast this morning. I was sleeping peacefully until... late-ish. :p
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Why do you chose to not eat breakfast a lot? Doesn't eating breakfast make one perform better in school?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

KODY 105 wrote:Why do you chose to not eat breakfast a lot? Doesn't eating breakfast make one perform better in school?
Because my teachers told me that I was already too smart and that I needed to cut back on my vitamin C and breakfast. :(

;)

Normally it's just 'cause there isn't anything good to grab for a quick breakfast. :p
Slumbo
Fourscore and seven

Post by Slumbo »

That is so true!!I almost never eat breakfast,Maybe I should get a bar for breakfast or some thing.(runs to put it on the shopping list)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

It's more healthy to eat breakfast. :yes:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Indeed. And I just ate two bowls of peanut butter crunch and a few handfuls of blueberry muffin miniwheats at 9:00 PM.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Chandler wrote:It's more healthy to eat breakfast. :yes:
With your permission, I will make an amendment to this statement:
"It's more healthy to eat a healthful breakfast."

;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Allow me to explain further. When you eat breakfast, it gets your metabolism running. When you skip/miss breakfast and don't eat until later, you tend to retain or even gain weight because of a slower metabolism. That is unhealthy for your body, therefore skipping breakfast—even if it's a Pop Tart—is unhealthy for you.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Well, my amendment of your statement was directed at Dan and his peanut butter crunch...
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

Slumbo wrote:That is so true!!I almost never eat breakfast,Maybe I should get a bar for breakfast or some thing.(runs to put it on the shopping list)
No, don't do that. It's better not to eat breakfast at all than to eat it on the run. If you want breakfast you should take the time to fire up a skillet and do some genuine bacon and eggs, hash browns, breakfast tacos--stuff like that. Oh, and pancakes. Pancakes rule.

All that metabolism hype is just a marketing scheme to get you to by expensive breakfast bars and things like that. Slower metabolisms are actually much more heathy. It's kind of like a a fire with big logs in it versus a fire with a newspaper and lighter fluid. It lasts much longer and you don't have to be constantly feeding it.
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

KODY 105 wrote:Well, my amendment of your statement was directed at Dan and his peanut butter crunch...
Oh, I see. You quoted me, not Dan, and Dan said he ate the food at 9 PM so I failed to see the connection. #-o
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Peanut butter crunch probably does not count as healthful anything-- supper, breakfast, or otherwise. I was trying to be humorous at DanP740's expense, not yours.

I find nothing wrong with PB Crunch except that I don't like the taste. I eat my fair share of unhealthful cereals as well.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

You kids and your sugary cereal. :shame: I'm surprised that some of your parents let you eat that stuff. My mom never let me eat stuff like that growing up. :noway: So now that I can choose which cereal to eat? \:D/

I eat Cheerios. O:) Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :anxious:
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Actually, I haven't eaten that many sugary cereals recently. I have an affection for non-sweetened oat or rice-based cereals...
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I had a bowl of some off-brand Cheerios, yesterday.

First bowl of cereal in months. It was so good. :(
don't forget the rain.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Put away the gloomy face. :hug:

I eat off-brand Cheerios as well.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

At least I don't eat "Captain Sucrose" and "Suger Flakes" like in FoxTrot...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

DanP740 wrote:At least I don't eat "Captain Sucrose" and "Suger Flakes" like in FoxTrot...
Or those "Chocolate-Frosted Sugar Bombs" that Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes) eats...:mad:

Frank's family tends to purchase those organic granola type cereals, always laced with enough flax to help even the most stubborn intestinal systems. They're exceedingly healthy, but sometimes I grow weary of their flax-filledness and their trendy pomegranate, pumpkin spice, or acai flavors. :(